For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now it’s up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them. In a town where the living have to learn to deal with those who are supposed to be dead, Officer Cypress must solve a brutal murder, and everyone, alive or undead, is a suspect.
Reasons why you should read Revival:
- It is a creative and understated take on the zombie genre. Rather than being flesh eaters most of the “Revivers” act just like they used to.
- Most of them…
- It is called a rural noir for a reason. The diverse cast of characters survive in a situation that is simultaneously claustrophobic and creepily empty.
- Want more diversity on your comics? The main character is a badass mom who dealt with teenage pregnancy, and also a badass cop who is willing to do whatever it takes to help her family.
- The love interest is poc. There are several poc characters.
- … And morally ambiguous characters, mysterious creatures, lots of teeth, and a focus on interpersonal relationships.
- A bunch of other things that I don’t have enough bullets for.